Tom has made his way onto this blog a few times and he makes it once again.
Ever since I made Andrew his Mario quilt, Tom has been begging for a Luigi quilt. For his birthday earlier this year, we bought the fabric and cut it up as his present. I’ve spent the last few months sewing the top and I finished the simple quilting a couple of weekends ago.
The binding got hand sewn down in the car rides to work. Andrew drives. I bind.
As I said, I stuck with simple quilting and stitched in the ditch around each of the squares that created Luigi. In the space left over, I free motion quilted clouds. The quilting mimics what I did with Andrew’s Mario quilt.
Now the best friends have a matching pair of quilts.