As always, I’m working on bee blocks.
These are for Melissa. These Economy blocks are very popular right now because of Red Pepper’s Quilts’ Economy Block Along. I paper pieced these, which is always the method I prefer when there are triangles involved, and they went together very quickly. Unfortunately, I made two using the templates Melissa provided and then two that I printed off and they are not the same size! I think they are off by 1/4″ of an inch. I’m hoping Melissa can still find a way to use them.
These are for the linen bee. The linen background squares came pre-cut and the leaves were already fused to the fabrics. All I had to do was cut them out, lay them on the fabric according to a template, fuse them down, and then zig zag stitch around them. It was pretty fast although I am not a great zig zag stitcher.
Last month, I made Modern Maple blocks for everybody in the KC 3×6 Scrappy Bee. This month, I made churn dashes. I love churn dashes.
The string blocks are not your typical string blocks. They’re rectangle and I love the diamond these make when they’re all put together. Film in the Fridge has a finished quilt made with these blocks.
This is for a member of the KC 3×6 Scrappy Bee. She asked for stars in bright colors. I found this woven star block while searching through Pinterest and absolutely loved it. It’s also a pretty easy block to put together.
And since it was so easy, I decided to make the same block for the other KC Scrappy Bee group. The queen asked for star blocks using purple and gray. I used a peppered cotton as the border and it’s so freaking soft! I’m going to be buying tons more because I absolutely love how it feels. I think it’s a mix between a shot cotton and a cross weave. It’s not as thin as a shot and not as heavy as a cross. It’s gorgeous! I almost kept this block for myself.
After these, I am done making bee blocks for January and now just have to wait for all of February’s kits to arrive.