It’s Monday. I’m in a very negative mood. Plus, I woke up with a sore throat. UGH! Whenever I’m in a negative mood, I try to get myself out of my negative mood as quickly as possible. Sometimes, that is extremely difficult. So, I default to something that ALWAYS cheers me up..LISTS!!! I made a list of things I really like.
The list is in no particular order.
1. Arts and Crafts: This includes quilting, which makes me extremely happy.
2. Earl Grey: Whether it’s straight tea or in a latte, Earl Grey always puts me in a happy mood.
3. Eating Out: I used to enjoy cooking, but it takes up too much time. I like to eat out, especially at nice restaurants. I love trying new things and not having to cook or clean up.
4. Fall: I really like Fall. Sometimes you get an Indian Summer and sometimes it is perfect for a cute jacket and/or cardigan and a scarf. The trees and leaves are gorgeous and it always smells better.
5. Fashion: Cardigans, scarves, skirts, shoes, high heels, necklaces, rings, etc. I LOVE THEM ALL!
6. Blogs: I especially love quilting blogs. I could spend all day reading about other people’s lives and their quilting projects. And I enjoy my blog, too.
7. Pinterest: This is a newly found love. I could spend days just pinning and re-pinning things that I like. It’s definitely a pick-me-upper.
8. iPhone: I’m obsessed. It’s with me at all times. And it’s sooo cool. For somebody who constantly needs to be doing something, this is the best accessory.
9. Cleanliness and Organization: Everybody knows that I’m a little OCD when it comes to cleaning and organizing. It makes me feel like there is order. And I like order.
10. Awesome Color Combos: Like yellow and gray or purple and turquoise. I like seeing what unlikely combos end up being just completely awesome.
11. Cities: I love city living. This includes downtowns, condos, nightlife, restaurants, public transportation, traffic, homeless people, dog parks, coffee shops, etc. I love the busyness and modernity of it all.
12. Travel: Although I don’t get to do a lot of it, I love to travel and explore new places. Hopefully Andrew and I will do more of this.
13. San Jose, CA: I love this place because my aunt and uncle live there and I really love hanging out with them. I also love it because it’s right there in Silicon Valley where exciting things happen. Google, Facebook, Stanford, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oracle, etc. are all right there near San Jose.
14. Instant Messaging: This mostly means Google Chat because that’s what I use the most. I can talk to my coworkers, my sister, my mom, Andrew, whoever during the day. It is super convenient and efficient.
15. Snail Mail: I love receiving mail and packages. It’s like Christmas.
16. Birth Control: I have to love this. It’s probably the best invention ever. I just set an alarm on my phone and pop in a pill. So awesome.
17. Mom and Grandma’s Food: It’s comfort.
18. Short Hair: I LOVE my short hair. It is soooo easy to manage and I think it’s super cute. It makes me feel awesome.
19. Nights Out and Dancing with Ali, Kristen, and Danielle: This is pure fun.
20. Date Nights: I love going on a date with Andrew to a nice dinner for some sort of celebration. We always get dressed up and it makes me feel special.
21. Picking Out Presents: When Christmas comes around, I really enjoy finding presents for all of my family and friends. I want to get them something that they really want and finding that thing is sooo much fun!
22. Christmas Stockings: I love all of the little fun things that are hidden inside. I also love filling them.
23. Chick Flicks: I love bad movies…I know. Of course, there are some great chick flicks, but there are some really bad ones. I like them all.
24. Disney Movies: This is due to my childhood. My sister and I watched a lot of Disney movies. The classics are great, but I also like the TV ones.
25. Reading: I’ve always loved books and now that I have a Kindle, I can read without worrying about where to store all of the books. Reading is an amazing getaway.
26. Snugging: This is what Andrew and I call cuddling, spooning, snuggling, etc. As a perpetually cold person, I absolutely love stealing heat from another person.
27. Therapy/My Therapist: I haven’t been to therapy in quite awhile, but I have to love it because it did wonders for me, mostly because my therapist is AWESOME. There’s a reason I don’t need to go to therapy anymore…and it’s because the therapy I had was so AMAZING that it carries over to my everyday life. Oh, minor detail…it saved my life.
28. Twitter: LOVE IT!
29. Technology: The things we can do are pretty cool. iPhone, Kindle, iPad, GPS, etc.
30. “Me” Time: This is scarce. I really have to make time for the things that I want to do. Work, especially, keeps taking my free time away and I refuse to fully give it up. I don’t get burnt out easily, but I can. And I refuse to dedicate my entire life to a job. I will work my butt off and go the extra mile and probably another extra five or ten, but I will not do the marathon. Nope. Not doing it. Forget it. You can keep trying, but I won’t do it. It won’t make me happy. It’s not worth it.
Obviously there are thousands of other things I like, including people, but this is the list that I came up with today. When I think of things, I’ll write them down and include them at the end of my blog posts.
Have a great rest of your Monday! I know I will!