Just to give you an idea of the people we hang around with…
Yes, our friend Tom is clinging to my legs like a toddler. If you knew Tom, this would not be that surprising.
My mom also snapped a picture with her phone. This one gives you a better idea of how immobilized I was.
As for the sewing part of my life, I have a finish, but I am not happy with it. I wanted to make a test mug rug for a swap at next month’s KC Modern Quilt Guild meeting. I’ve never made a mug rug before, so I thought I should try it out first. Fail. I really like doing small projects because they don’t take up too much time, but mug rugs are REALLY small. Ok, so it wasn’t a total fail, but I was not very happy with it. I started the actual mug rug for the swap and I’m please with how it’s turning out. I finished it last night except for the binding. Well, I started putting the binding on, but I was using bias tape, which I am not very comfortable with. Eventually, I ripped it all off and I’m going to make my own binding. However, I’m not entirely thrilled with some of the quilting. I may be ripping that out tonight. So that’s an almost finish and I have another almost finish. Remember the cupcake embroidery? I made it into a wall hanging. All that is left is to hand sew the binding, so look forward to that.
Andrew is gone this weekend and here’s my list of things I get to do:
1. Go on a quilt shop road trip with some KC MQG peeps!!!
2. Finish the two almost finishes.
3. Start and maybe finish the cabinet covers for work.
4. Start piecing for the KC MQG Kandinsky challenge.
5. Go to Mia‘s Oscar party!!!
6. Maybe go try on my bridesmaids dress for my friend’s May wedding.
7. Maybe go see The Vow. (The only reason I would see this bad movie is because of Channing Tatum.)
I’m excited. It’s going to be a good weekend.