When I saw April Rhodes’ new Riding Peplum and Party Dress pattern was released, I immediately bought it even though I wasn’t absolutely in love with the look. Luckily, I saw a hack on Instagram where I zipper had been installed in the back to make it fit more snugly.
I’m not super comfortable with zippers yet, so I wanted to make a wearable muslin. I had some Amy Butler cotton lying around so I just used that.
It worked out better than I thought it would.
The one problem I have with this pattern and a lot of April’s patterns are the STUPID BIAS TAPE FINISHES! I’d rather have a facing or lining.
I did end up using bias tape on the neckline, but I just serged the edges of the armhole and turned those under. Easy peasy. Actually, mom helped me so that made it even easier.
Next – Make one in some very fun fabric!